Hi, I’m Anna, welcome to my blog. Relax a minute, kick your feet up and take a peek at my work. If you look around a bit, you’ll see that I absolutely ADORE people! They’re my favorite subjects. There’s just something about capturing someone’s soul. It’s quite an attractive job to me.

I specialize in natural lighting photography…there’s just a special warmth to it. I love photographing ordinary events in a unique way. Such an adventure!

What do you say? Shall we jazz things up a bit? :)

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

::Wee Ones - A Surprise::

Over the past few months, I've had the opportunity to do seeeeecret photo shoots with some pretty swell kiddos!  :)  Their lovely grandma wanted to surprise her children for Christmas with pictures of their little ones.
Let me tell you, the whole "veil of secrecy" added a whole new fun-dimension to this photography project.
We did a series of four shoots for each grand-babe, so the lighting for each day was unique...just like the kids.  :)  LOVED IT!!

Meet Delilah...
Photobucket
She's got outstanding hair for a 4-year-old.  I'm almost jealous...in a Christian sorta way.  ;)

Photobucket
She loves swinging...

Photobucket
And is a natural when it comes to cuteness.  ;)

THIS...is Willam.
Photobucket
He's a lizard man.  I'm pretty sure he was chasing one in this photo.  ;)

Photobucket
He likes to talk.

Photobucket
And explore.  I can see this little fellow going places.  :)

May I introduce you to Gabriel?
Photobucket
The baby of the family at a year and a half old.

His interests include...
Photobucket
Walking constantly, gazing about in wonderment, and discovering hickory nuts.  ;)

Photobucket
He also seemed particularly fond of sitting in trees.

And lastly, we meet Grant.
Photobucket
The most physically coordinated 3-year-old this side of heaven.

Photobucket
He can run, jump, throw a soccer ball like a pro, and I'm told he can already ride a bike...NO TRAINING WHEELS!

Photobucket
Ah...and he'll be raised a Gator.  Win.  ;)

I shall now do something I've never done on this blog before. 
Leave you with a picture of myself on the job.  Kinda wanted to give you an idea of just HOW much fun I had with these kids during the months of secretive-photography work.  One particular shoot eventually found me inside.  The lad was playing and reading books.  Naturally, he thought I should join in his fun.  :)
Photobucket
So I did.  Yes, the picture is low quality, but hey, it was GRAND! Definitely a first! XD

Now that I've probably lowered my level of professionalism in some people's eyes, I shall leave you with a photo from William's shoot that has captivated me...forever, I'm afraid.  :)
Photobucket
I entitled it Peter Pan Feet.
“There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again.”
-E. Lawrence


Good evening to you, one and all!
~Anna Grace

6 comments:

Family said...

I loved seeing this pictures. These kids are so cute. I can see why you would want to take pictures of them! Sincerity in every face!

Unknown said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for capturing our biggest sources of pride and delight so well. These pictures will be a treasure forever.

Shannon said...

Ah! How cute! These children must have been such a delight to spend time with.

In Christ,
~Shannon~

Joanna said...

Oh! i LOVE Peter Pan Feet! So beautiful. Great job on all the kids!

Rach Eddy said...

Oh I just loved your pics, Anna! You do such great work.... I would love for you to do my wedding pics!!!!
Rach Eddy

Kels said...

Anna you are a fantastic photographer!! I love looking at your pictures, and I can defiantly say that last one is my favorite. Just something about it draws me in and like you said, it's captivating. :)
Have a wonderful day Anna! ~Kelsey W.