Hi, I’m Anna, welcome to my blog. Relax a minute, kick your feet up and take a peek at my work. If you look around a bit, you’ll see that I absolutely ADORE people! They’re my favorite subjects. There’s just something about capturing someone’s soul. It’s quite an attractive job to me.

I specialize in natural lighting photography…there’s just a special warmth to it. I love photographing ordinary events in a unique way. Such an adventure!

What do you say? Shall we jazz things up a bit? :)

Friday, May 07, 2010

::Looking to the Future - Jamie and Brandon::

19 years.  Yes, I'd say it's been about that long.
I've been living in this wonderful, sleepy little town for at least 19 years.  I love it, always have...grew up here.  It's a small place, only about 10,000 people...if that. Small, but beautiful!

I took a drive two weeks ago in that town.  Just about 5, maybe 10 minutes.  The reason for my drive?
An engagement!
We did a photo-shoot that day to celebrate the promise that has been made between Jamie and Brandon!

Oh, it was glorious!  I was driving down a quiet paved road which eventually turned into a dirt one.
The drive was so lovely that I drove right by the house...oops!  Oh well, no harm done.
Perfect day for documenting two lovebirds.  :)


Photobucket
::1:: Our first location was Jamie and Brandon's orange grove, and the site of their future home.  :)
They've got some of the prettiest orange trees I've seen in our area.  Nice and big!

Photobucket
::2::

Photobucket
::3::

Photobucket
::4::

Photobucket
::5::

Photobucket
::6::

Photobucket
::7:: They were so much fun!

Photobucket
::8::

Photobucket
::9::
Photobucket
::10:: Some heavy rains knocked most of this season's blossoms off.  We could still find some around...and so could the bees.  :)

Photobucket
::11 and 12::

Photobucket
::13::

Photobucket
::14:: I'm diggin' the chair!

Photobucket
::15::

I lu-hu-huv that RING!  And the carved dragon flies...amazing.
Photobucket
::16 and 17:: When I was taking some photos of Jamie, I asked her to look at Brandon for this last shot...love!
And I haven't been able to forget what he said to her after I snapped the above picture...
"You smile better when you're looking at me."  :)

Photobucket
::18:: Totally staged and not the way he proposed (hilarious story) but it was a fun shot to do.
I asked them to talk to each other during this shot.  Their exchange went something like this:
"Oh man, after this is over, I'm gonna push you in the pond."  -Jamie
"Yeah right!  Not if I throw you in first!"  -Brandon
...No romantic gush at all, but they had me in stitches!  :)

Photobucket
::19::

Photobucket
::20::

Photobucket
::21::

Photobucket
::22:: Beautiful eyes...

Photobucket
::23::

Photobucket
::24:: Look!  Awesome truck in the background!  Just sayin'.  :)

Photobucket
::25 and 26::

Photobucket
::27::

Location number two found us by the pond in Jamie's parents' back yard.
Photobucket
::28::

Photobucket
::29::

Photobucket
::30::

Photobucket
::31::

Photobucket
::32::

Photobucket
::33::

Photobucket
::34 and 35::

Photobucket
::36::

Photobucket
::37:: I love this shot!

Photobucket
::38::

Photobucket
::39 and 40::

Photobucket
::41:: Definitely a favorite.  :)

Photobucket
::42::

Photobucket
::43::

Photobucket
::44::

Photobucket
::45::

I think had a liiiiittle too much fun on this exploit.
Aaaand, I think I just overdosed on the smiling while writing this post.  :)  :)  :)  :)
Yeah, definitely a smile overdose.

Jamie and Brandon, thank you sooooo much for letting me be a part of this exciting time in your lives!
Praying the Lord will bless all the moments and months to come,
~Anna  :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two make an extremely handsome couple, and your children will have amazing eyes~~~ Just sayin'...

Beautiful pictures, Anna!! I think you captured the essence of their love and devotion for each other, along with the playful nature of their relationship as well.

I Love, Love, Love the collage of pictures #25 and #26!

Blessings on you, Jamie and Brandon!

And thanking God for Anna Grace,

Julia Mom Stone :D

Molly said...

AWWWWWW!!! They are so adorable...my brain just exploded from the cuteness. Gah. :D

I'm hearing the whole 'smile overdose' thing too--love it love it LOVE IT!

Jamie said...

Anna, just wanted to write and tell you that I am so happy with the photos! They are exactly what I wanted! You do amazing work! Thanks again! Jamie

Unknown said...

I love the picture of her hand picking the orange! That is one of your best! Isaac

A Little Family said...

O wow!!! Her eyes are beautiful!!!! Good job Anna! Though I am prejudice to some other picture (heehee) these are truly and completely amazing! You are doing a wonderful job using the talent the Lord has given you!!

Katie said...

My favorite is 36 :) As always, they look beautiful. Love you!

Anonymous said...

RING.

wow, aaaamazing.

awesome shots too anna :)