Hi, I’m Anna, welcome to my blog. Relax a minute, kick your feet up and take a peek at my work. If you look around a bit, you’ll see that I absolutely ADORE people! They’re my favorite subjects. There’s just something about capturing someone’s soul. It’s quite an attractive job to me.

I specialize in natural lighting photography…there’s just a special warmth to it. I love photographing ordinary events in a unique way. Such an adventure!

What do you say? Shall we jazz things up a bit? :)

Monday, September 28, 2009

::In Loving Memory::

I dedicate this post to my brother...Isaac.
On this same day, September 28th, two years ago, he went home to be with the Lord.
A motorcycle accident claimed his precious life and tore him away so suddenly.

August 25th, 1975-September 28th, 2007
32 wonderful years.

We miss him terribly.
His smile, sense of humor, his love of life, loyalty to God, unwavering devotion...
All these things and many more help to paint a fuller picture of who this great man was.

**********************************

In our home, there hangs a very special picture in the dining room.
He was twenty, vibrant, and full of life.
I remember when our family got that picture. I was about 6 years old.
We opened the package. I saw the photograph, and beamed with happiness.



Photobucket
There he sat. My red-headed hero. In his green Army uniform, half-smiling at me.
Sitting in front of that beautiful American flag.
My heart spilled over with all kinds of pride, the good kind.

*************************************

Through the years, that picture has held an important spot on the wall, the very top.
Every time I see it, I go back to that moment so many years ago.

The day that a 6-year-old little girl caught her first glimpse of her hero Isaac...servant of his God, family and country, in his uniform.
The first day she knew the excitement of patriotism.
Though this little girl has since grown into a young woman, she still gets a rush of healthy pride whenever she studies the face of the young man in that picture.
Those eyes which held such love for his family, his friends, his God...for her.

Photobucket
Her breath catches.
She lifts a silent, heartfelt prayer to the God who made that amazing brother.
Thanks Him for the wonderful years He gave her with him.
And looks forward to meeting him on that beautiful shore.
She loves him still.

~Anna Grace

7 comments:

Emily Swanky said...

Miss him SOOOO much!
You did a great job on this post, Anna! He was a redheaded hero!
Love,
Emily

Jeff said...

I cannot imagine the sorrow that you and your family feel to this day. I am very glad to hear this awesome young man, a patriot, loving brother and a devoted son is rejoicing in Heaven with our Lord today. You and your family are in my prayers.

Jean Marie said...

I've just read it through for the second time, and tears have filled my eyes. Beautiful, Anna ... I know you love him still, and always will.

I love you,
~ Jean Marie

Laura {{* *}} said...

Truly, Isaac has left a God-shaped hole in your lives, but we watch as you fill it with the only One who can...

A sprig of rosemary tied with ribbon
awaits you when we next hughug~
as rosemary is for remembrance.

You are a dear one and my love is strong for you
today.

{{* *}}

Zach said...

Just wanted to let you I'm praying for you all. May God surrond you all with His ever-encompassing love and comfort. Your brother's in good hands and missed greatly.
~Zach S.

Mom said...

Words have escaped me for the last two years...written words expressing the gaping hole Isaac's homegoing has left in my heart.

It still doesn't seem 'true' somehow that we'll not see him on this earth again...but what a joy!!! to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that 'we will meet him on that beautiful shore'...

Two years ago today at 7:00 p.m. PST, the surgeon came to give us an update on Isaac's condition. We all waited - Grandma, Grandpa, Susan and her mom, Cynthia, Jimmy, and me - hoping to hear news of a miracle.

Earlier that day, after a 10-hour air trip, Grandma, Grandpa and I arrived at the hospital about 3:30 p.m. CA time. By the time I said my hellos to Susan and her family, it was 3:45 before I got to be in Isaac's room. The nurse answered my myriad of questions about all of the wires and gadgets that were monitoring Isaac's vital statistics and trying to stabilize his bodily functions. She was trying to caution me about being too optimistic about his condition. She didn't even want me to touch him because loud noises and familiar voices could cause him to react in such a way as to affect his vitals negatively.

I wanted to cradle him in my arms and caress his face...I wanted to sing to him and pray with him, but I was only allowed to look at him from across the room - garbed in a yellow paper gown and rubber gloves. Whispered conversations...

Later that night, when the neurologist told us that Isaac had had a 'non-survivable' accident, the reality of what he said didn't reach my heart at first...in fact, all of us just sat there - waiting to hear something encouraging. When he began to explain to Susan about being very concrete with the children, I think I felt like a 'child' too...realizing that the word I had to convey to you and your sisters back in Florida was that Isaac was dead.

I have had to learn a new way to talk about Isaac. I've had to put words together that don't seem to be 'right' in the same sentence. I finally figured out that when responding to a question about how many children I have, I still can say 'four'...I just add the suffix - three here and one in heaven.

I thank God for the grace and strength He has given to endure, for the love and provision that has been extended to our family in so many forms, and for showing us His abundant peace and mercy during our time of loss. Our loss, His gain! And what a gain! :)

I remember so many wonderful times with him - playful, provoking young man that he was! There was the cross-country trip from Florida to California, the California day trip to Sacramento, the Germany trip - he was such a good sport and we loved each other so. These of the recent past - there are so many more I could expound on from 34 years ago till two years ago...

He was a wonderful son, brother, father, husband, friend...grandson, nephew, cousin, soldier, co-worker, entrepreneur - I could go on...to God be the glory for the great things He did in Isaac's life.

Well, Anna, thank you for your post and for restoring Isaac's first picture in uniform...you did an awesome job, Sweetie!

Thanks for sharing your memories...we've been doing a lot of that lately.

Well, I guess I've gone from not saying much at all to writing a mini-novel...I've tried to bear a little bit of my heart with you tonight...Emily says, "Post it, Mom." I'm afraid to come across as morbid or selfish, but I hope that's not how this will be taken...honestly, I KNOW where Isaac is right now, and my hope is in the Lord. The assurance of him being in heaven has been the balm of Gilead to my soul - to all of ours.

God is Sovereign and all that He allows into our lives is for His glory and our good! I believe that and trust Him for that.

I love you, Anna dear!
Mom

Anna Grace said...

Thank you all for your comments.
He was a wonderful man.
Beloved of the Father, son of the Most High God.
Missing him,
~Anna